“How do you become a webcam model? How much I can earn? Do you need any specific equipment or have a certain look for it to work? How easy is it to get started and make that first paycheck?”
I also had ALL of these questions in my mind when I was starting out camming years ago and this is what I’ve learned. If you’ve done your investigation above questions, you’re already one step forward to another camgirl, so read on!
MAKE SURE YOU:
- Pick the Right Site! There is a large number of webcam sites: some of them are older and more prominent, some new ones are just beginners up, and they all feel and work antagonistically. My advice is joining Chaturbate and Myfreecams. Chaturbate is the more “sexual” of the two and also allows men and couples to broadcast online. They both have a 50%+ payout percentage and high traffic (Chaturbate more so than MFC).
- Consider your Boundaries. Web Camming is a very hazardous job. Your live video WILL be recorded and uploaded to lots of websites, including porn websites, and this increases your risk of being seen by your neighbor, co-worker, old highschool friend and anyone of your family members. The way to minimize the risk is to minimize your divulgence, so make sure you block your location on the site. There is a privacy protection option in every site, you can control it from there. A service like CamModelProtection can help you remove your recorded content that makes its way online. Another deliberation is how enjoyable are you in your sexuality and can you be on a site doing sexual things? You don’t have to be a sex kitten, but you need to feel ok about being watched naked around the world, masturbating, etc. A lot of girls love the thrill!
- Have the Right Tools Ready! Being ready ahead of time is key. Using your built-in webcam to broadcast is regrettably not good enough. You need a good quality external webcam like a Logitech C920, which is my personal fave and is used by the majority of camgirls. Check out my post about the Top 3 webcams for camming for other great options. In terms of other tools, having great lighting is such a big part of the agreement in looking good on cam, and looking your best will give you the best chance in tippers finding your room. You can see some of my lighting recommendation in this post. As well as having a webcam and a few umbrella lights, make sure your laptop can handle live streaming and won’t die on you at the most inconvenient moment. Make sure your internet connection is good as well!
BENEFITS OF CAMMING
- Setting your own schedule.
- Being spoiled with gifts.
- Prospective to make A LOT of money very quickly.
- It can easily ban anyone who is rude or demanding toward you.
- No one there to tell you what to do.
Ok, so how do you REALLY become a complete camgirl? What are the steps you should take?
No need to be worried about trying out live webcamming (a lot of guys actually really like a new, unsophisticated girl!). Go through the steps below:
Become Webcam Model Step 1:
Sign up as a Model: Pick a site you’d like to try out (or 2! Nothing wrong with having options, and you get a chance to see what you like on each site). Make sure you are legally allowed to do as per your country’s laws. You’ll be asked to fill out your personal details and upload a photo ID to show that you are at least 18 years old. Approval time varies between sites, but you should get a notification in a day or two.
Become Webcam Model Step 2:
In the meanwhile you wait for approval, make sure you’ve got some necessary equipment ready that I’ve mentioned – an external HD webcam (I recommend Logitech C920), a set of umbrella lights (like the Limo Studio Umbrella Lights) and if you’d like – some cute lingerie and maybe a new toy or two. Pinkcherry (click below!) is a great place to get all those! You can even sell your used panties. Beyond that, you just need to bring your personality and a lot of patience. ?
Speaking of tolerance, you’re going to need to give yourself time to succeed on a site. Don’t think that just because you see top models making hundreds of dollars an hour that you will get there overnight. You need months and months of continuous camming to build up an audience and ‘regulars’, guys who will tune in to watch you every time you’re on. Consistency is key! This is one of the biggest pieces of advice I can give an aspiring cam model. Yes, of course, luck is also important too. Just because you have the looks, the personality and the work ethic, you will not automatically have success, but it you’ve done your research and have all the things ready before online broadcasting you give yourself the best chance of success!
Become Webcam Model Step 3:
You’re ready to broadcast! I know it can be frightening to press that Broadcast button for the first time, but you gotta jump in and experience it. Remember, you’re alway in control, and you can sign out at any point in time, for any reason. If anyone is making you intolerable or is being rude or demanding, don’t be afraid to ban them. Put on whatever will make you most comfortable on the show, apply some nice makeup to looks good, if you wear it, and click that button! There is going to be a lot of learning going on in the first few months, and you’ll probably make a lot of mistakes, which all of us do, but practice makes perfect! You have also to read this complete guide here and follow this site https://adultaffiliateguide.com. When you’re on cam, my biggest tip is to smile! Yes, it’s so simple, but a lot of new girls don’t realize how undemonstrative they look without a smile.
To get some conversation going long and to stay people in your chat room, you can ask guys some small-talk general questions, or say something interesting about yourself and someone will jump into the conversation. Set your “room topic” to some sort of token countdown. For example, “Top off in 599! 50=Flash, 150=Fansign, 80=Spanks”. You are giving guys something to tip for and get them interconnected. A dance and some teasing is a good way to get people in the room, I find. It’s a good idea to watch other models to see what they put in their topics and what kinds of countdowns work.
Become Webcam Model Step: 4
Once you get approved from the webcamming site, this is a good time to create an AdultNode, Twitter and an Amazon wishlist, and add some graphics to your model profile. You can do your promotion on AdultNode and this is the best social media platform that is specifically built for adult content promotion. While Twitter and wishlist are not required, promoting yourself on social media is so important to get yourself new tippers, unless of course, you prefer to keep things on the down-low, in which case you can do a protected twitter. Some girls even keep an AdultNode and other blogs. It’s all up to you, so do what feels right. A word of warning: Make sure you don’t put your real address on your Amazon wishlist and either use a PO box or don’t add it at all. Your profile doesn’t need to be complicated – add some information about yourself and put up some eye-catching pics.
First, the cam shift is over! Well Done! Pat yourself on the back. Now you can start thinking about what you may do the next time you’re on. It’s a good idea to offer tipping premium for guys to tip offline, because it can boost your camscore on a site like MyFreeCams, and of course makes you more money. A very popular option these days is offering a Snapchat or an OnlyFans subscription on a monthly basis. If you can commit to sending out pics every day/a few times a week, it’s a good option. Another option is to make photosets and videos. I recommend setting up an account on Manyvids to sell them there. This is a great option to make that passive income! Webcam Model can also do a raffle, which are really popular on MFC, and they can be for anything – a custom video, a Skype, homemade cookies shipped directly to the winner! (Be careful about not giving away your real address when doing this).